Consulting City Engineer - Vijay Bhasin (314) 355-0400
Director of Public Works - Kittrel Braselman - (314) 355-7370
Occupancy Permits and Inspection Scheduling - Jeanne Field (314) 355-7406
Code Enforcement Officer - Joe Lancey (314) 355-7540
The Department of Public Works strives is to assist the general public in obtaining housing inspections, abate code violations, and improve our community with effective building inspections, code enforcement, snow removal, tree limb pickup, streets and sidewalks repair program, and general public service that will benefit our residents and improve the value of our city.
Our vision is to promote the health, safety, and welfare in our community and meet today and tomorrow’s needs by keeping our building codes current and to aggressively promote property maintenance. It is our vision to enact a street program that will require the city to do major repairs every five to 10 years.
- Having a joint effort between the department employees and the community to support our mission
- We will be proactive in meeting the needs of our community and assisting surrounding communities when the need arises
- When planning and implementing growth and change, our mission is to work collectively with property owners to assure fairness in our community
- Our department will strategically work for the betterment of family life in the City of Black Jack by insuring that all codes are judiciously enforced
- Honesty, fairness, and respect will guide our actions