Forms, Permits & Applications

Appeal to the Board of Adjustment

Click Here for the application

Amusement License 

Online Amusement License Application

Business License 

Prior to completing a Business License Application, you must first compete a Zoning Application (the cost is $100 and is non-refundable).  You will be notified after zoning review.  If zoning is approved, you will then complete the Business License Application.  All businesses Commercial or Home operating in the City of Black Jack must obtain a business license before July 1. For more information on obtaining a business license, please contact the City Clerk's Office at 314-355-7258.  Online Commercial Business License Form Online Home Business License Form Checklist for Home Day Care

Conditional Use Permit Application

Online Permit Form

Excavation Permit 

Online Excavation Permit Form

Garage Sale - Rummage Sale, ETC. Permit

Online Permit Form 
Garage sales are not permitted on Sundays and Holidays.

Liquor License

Prior to any business or organization selling liquor in the City of Black Jack, you must obtain a liquor license from the city. For more information on obtaining a liquor license, please contact the City Clerk's Office at 314-355-7258. Online Liquor License Application Form

Occupancy Inspections/Permits for Homes and Rentals


Occupancy permit click here for information will be handled by the City of Black Jack. All predications (Click Here for Inspection Requirements) that are found during the inspections will have to abated prior to obtaining the occupancy permit.  Online Inspection Form  Online Occupancy Permit Application

Peddler or Solicitor Permits

All persons engaging in the business of a peddler or solicitor within the City of Black Jack must obtain a permit. For more information on obtaining a peddler or solicitor permit. CLICK HERE

Portable Outdoor Containers 

Instructions and Information


Online application

Sewer Lateral Application

Sewer Lateral Repair Program Instructions  Sewer Lateral Refund Application

Short Term Rental Property

Instructions and Information Short Term Rental Application

Sign Permit

Sign permits will still be handled by the City of Black Jack. If the sign permit requires an electrical inspection, the application for the electrical permit and electrical inspection will have to be scheduled with the St. Louis County Department of Public Works. Online Sign Permit Form

Special Privilege Parking Permit 

Online SP Parking Permit Form  Once your permit has been received and reviewed you will be contacted by the city's administrative assistant to complete the process. 

Vacant Property 

Online Vacant Property Registration Request Form

Zoning Applications

Effective, Wednesday April 15, 2009, the City of Black Jack has contracted with the St. Louis County Public Works Department to handle issuing building permits and commercial inspections. The city engineer / director of Public Works will continue to initially review all building plans for zoning compliance; however, all building permit inspections will be performed by St. Louis County. A $100 non-refundable fee is due upon submitting the application.  IF you are completing this application for a home business and you are not the homeowner, you must have written authorization from the homeowner first.    For more information on permits and inspections, visit the St. Louis County Public Works websiteOnline Zoning Application 

If you have any questions, please call City Hall at 314-355-0400.