TREE LIMB PICKUP IS IN THE SPRING AND THE FALL. DATES WILL BE POSTED ON THE MAIN PAGE OF OUR WEBSITE.
YOU MUST HAVE YOUR LIMBS AT THE CURB BY 7:00 A.M. ON THE FIRST DAY WHEN YOUR AREA IS TO BE PICKED-UP.
Spring limb-chipping program will follow these guidelines:
Limbs must be 4 inches in diameter or less
Length of limbs must be 6 feet or less
Limbs must be placed at the curb (at the edge of your yard next to the street). City employees are not permitted to go onto private property
Limbs should be neatly piled with the cut edge next to the street
THE FOLLOWING WILL NOT BE PICKED UP:
- Whole trees will not be picked up (only limbs will be picked up)
- Limbs not from the property being picked up
- Any commercially cut limbs or tree branches
- Yard waste bags
- Trash, thorny materials, plants, leaves and grass
- Wood with nails or wire/metal fence mixed in pile
- Unorganized piles of limbs
- Root balls and/or stumps
- Limbs that are too large or cumbersome to be handled by one person
- Limbs that are too large to go through the chipper
- Old railroad ties (with creosote oil) or landscaped timber
- Limbs too small
NOTE: City employees will not pick through brush piles separating acceptable from unacceptable materials.
The Message Board at City Hall will also indicate when the pickup will begin. One pickup will be made per street (NO EXCEPTIONS). The Public Works Department will not double back and pick up limbs on the same street. If your limbs are not at the curb when the rest of your block is picked up, you will be responsible for disposing of the limbs on your own.
If you have questions in reference to the collection schedule, please phone 355-0400, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
REMEMBER!!! YOUR STREET WILL BE PICKED UP ONE TIME ONLY- THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS! THANK YOU.